Ford, Desmond. Daniel 8:14, the Day of Atonement, and the Investigative Judgment. - General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, 1980: 991.
Contents: 1. History of Sanctuary Problems in Seventh-day Adventist Church and Recognition of these Problems by Adventist Writers. 2. The New Testament Exposition of the Sanctuary and the Day of Atonement, as found in Hebrews. 3. Daniel and the Day of Atonement. 4. The Book of Revelation and the Day of Atonement. 5. Rehearsal and Resolution of the Problem. 6. Ellen G. White, 1844, and the Day of Atonement. Some Important Questions.
- Appendices for Chapter I: 1) Waggoner on the Investigative Judgment. 2) The Problem of Dan.8:14 and its Context. 3) The Checkered History of the Phrase "Within the Veil". 4) CUC Course Outline on the Sanctuary and 1844.
- Appendices for Chapter II: 5) Quotations on the Day of Atonement in Hebrews. 6) Quotations Regarding Hebrews 9:6-9. 7) Quotations Regarding Hebrews 10:20. 8) Quotations Regarding the Significance of the First Apartment. 9) Quotations Regarding the Antithetical Nature of the Sanctuary Type. 10) References in the New Testament to the Day of Atonement. Apart From Those in Hebrews and Revelation. 11) The Gospels and the Day of Atonement .
- Appendices for Chapter III: 12) Studies in the Book of Daniel (R. CottrelI). 13) Parallels Between Daniel 8 and Daniel 9. 14) Should a Question be Answered? 15) The Importance of Antiochus Epiphanes. 16) The Connection Between Daniel 8:14 and Daniel 12:13. 17) Summary on Daniel 8:14 and 1844. 18) The Daniel Committee of 1938-1952, and the Chronological Problems of the 2300 Days. 19) Extracts from Dr. R. CottrelI's Presentation, Loma Linda, February, 1980. 20) The Conditional Nature of the Time of the Advent. 21) The Year-Day Principle. 22) Daniel 8 - Its Relationship to the Kingdom of God. 23) Daniel 9:24-27 Recognized as Containing Jubilee and Day of Atonement Allusions. 24) The Historical Development of the Doctrine of the Investigative Judgment.
- Appendices for Chapter IV: 25) A. Farrer on the Day of Atonement and Dan.8:14 in Revelation. 26) Dan. 9:24-27 and the Olivet Discourse. 27) The Apocalypse, the Day of Atonement, and the Latter Days.
Appendices for Chapter V: 28) Quotations on Inaugurated Eschatology. 29) The Practical Implications of the New Testament Gospel. 30) The Biblical Doctrine of Judgment. 31) The Relationship Between Inaugurated Eschatology (First Advent) and Consummated Echatology (Second Advent) (See also Ap. 37).
- Appendices for Chapter VI: 32) Quotations from Church Leaders Relevant to the Topics of the Authority, Inspiration, and Errancy of Ellen G. White. 33) The Major Sources of the Great Controversy Sanctuary. 34) Ellen G. White and Exegesis. 35) An Analysis of "Prophetic Tension" in the Eschatology of Ellen G. White. 36) Ellen G. White and the Charge of Plagiarism. 37) Dr. K.Strand ... and the Apotelesmatic Principle.